Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Fragments Already!


Friday Fragments is hosted by Half Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post.

Movie

We went to see a good High School football movie, "When the Game Stands Tall" and had a private showing. We were the only ones in the theater at the 10:50 showing on Tuesday. The movie was very good with a lot of good parts and we both liked it. We chose this one over "If I Stay" and I'm so glad we did!

Painting Progress

The painting of the bathroom, kitchen, living room and dining room began this week. So far so good on the pet front. None of them got into the paint, went into the heat ducts or brushed against the walls while they were wet with paint. I'm glad it dries fast because I did have a bit trouble keeping Spunky Doodle off the kitchen counter after the painter left. If you are in the Cleveland area, I highly recommend using "Sue's Helping Hands" for painting or handyman needs. We are loving the purple we chose for the kitchen and bathroom!

Watch for the surprise color in the living and dining room . . . Gerard did want the gray so we chose a different color instead.  Abby is greeting Sue, the painter, when she came back for day 2.

On the Medical Front

I was down in the dumps when is saw the words "suspicious area" AGAIN referring to my last mammogram. This is the wording used when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009. I am optimistic though after my appointment with my surgeon who said he thinks it's probably just scar tissue from my surgery after not feeling any lump; however, he recommended that I have an MRI done just to confirm it. It is scheduled for Sept. 10. I am really hoping it's all okay!

Fun Week

We've been having really good weather this week and have been playing tennis every day. Gerard is a very good sport who keeps playing with me even though I win every match. He wins some of the games though and sometimes makes great shots that I can't possibly return. Just not as many as I make. We have some tough battles though, sometimes having over three deuces in one game! (For non-tennis players, a deuce is when the score is tie at 40-40 and you need two points in a row to win the game.)

Yesterday was much cooler than it's been so was perfect weather for the zoo which we took advantage of.  The animals were all lively and we had a fun time watching them.  The snow leopard was pacing right by the glass so we could see him close up (I so wanted to pet that big cat!).  The elephant was reaching up with its trunk to eat the straw that was hung up; the beaver was swimming and taking a shower under the waterfall; the wolves were actually running around (probably because the noisy planes practicing for the air show were flying over their area).  The meerkats were cute as ever and there was even a baby one!  We actually bought a couple 3D wolf placemats that match our seat covers on our dining room chairs.

It's so nice being off work, we hate to see this week end!

Share this:

8 comments:

retired not tired said...

Wishing you a good report from the doctor. It can be scary not knowing!

Sandee said...

I can't wait to see all the fresh paint. Way cool.

I hope your doctor can get the stress off this issue resolved very quickly. I'm sure he's right about that spot.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Lin said...

Can't wait to see the colors you chose! I love painting---such a difference in a short time. We paint a lot here, although that sorta makes Joe crabby. :)

Sounds like it will be good news for your test. I will pray that it is just scar tissue like the doctor says.

Too bad your fun week is ending. :(

Summer said...

Paws crossed for a good report for your MRI!

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds like you've made the most of your time off! I look forward to your big "reveal"!

BeadedTail said...

Glad you're enjoying your week off! We're sending purrs for a good report from the MRI! The process of painting is not fun at all but the results will be worth it. Polka dotted walls sure help in figuring out what color you like best in all kinds of light in your rooms and often changes minds so can't wait to see what you ended up picking!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I will keep you and your MRI results in my prayers. My mother just had her MRI done and it was scar tissue. I hope your results are the same.
We are only painting a new closet in our bedroom and it seems the whole house is disrupted. I am nervous about having the rest of the house done. Looking forward to your results.
Have a fun and safe weekend!

Karen and Gerard said...

Now that I see how dark the room is with the brown paneling that was under the wallpaper, hope our surprise color will look good. I didn't try it out but just stuck up the little tiny sample swatch and it looked good with the bright yellow. We'll see.

I told Gerard we could go with the paneling and get orange furniture to go with Browns colors but he didn't go for that idea. Good thing, because I was just kidding.

Post a Comment